I’m a gardener, nature lover and writer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. One of my greatest accomplishments as a gardener was when I became a Master Gardener with the University of Wisconsin Extension program. As a Master Gardener, I volunteer my time by teaching gardening classes to Milwaukee-area youth.
I’ve been writing for kids and youth for nearly 10 years, and for my day job, I work as an editor for a national gardening and nature magazine. I have a couple of books under my belt, but I’m hoping to write even more on kids gardening and nature in the future. Here are a few more things you might not know about me:
- I’m an Oklahoma girl at heart and moved to Wisconsin when I was 20.
- I love New York City and Broadway musicals.
- I secretly want to be a redhead. (Well, maybe it’s not a secret.)
- I have the best friends in the world. Sadly, all live hundreds of miles away.
- I love powerful women (my mom is one of them).
- I’m quirky.
- My husband embraces my quirkiness, and I embrace him for it.
- I heart Julia Roberts, even in the bad stuff.
- I also have a thing for Judge Judy.
- I’m one of the most relaxed, anal people you’ll ever meet. Yep, I’m an oxymoron.
- I grew up hauling hay, building fence and harvesting corn.
- Excessive camping as a kid made me never want to tent camp again.
- I was a theatre major for a very short time in my life.
- I fell in love at 19 to a man hundreds of miles away.
- If I say I’m going to do it, I do it.
- I’m an ideas kind of girl and have three “brilliant” ideas at any given time.
- I proudly call myself a birder.
- I don’t claim to be a great writer. But I will always write about great things.